Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Flash

I think what I enjoy most about flash presentations are their ability to present a story in a way that is truly more fascinating than the more traditional mediums. The textbook's description of what USA Today did with the Columbia shuttle disaster is one example. The fact that they created animated infographics that broke down the movement of the shuttle during the final hour leading up to its explosion is a really smart and effective way to present the information. Words could tell this story, but flash allows it to be shown in a unique way, allowing the viewer to get perhaps the best sense of what was going on.
I also really enjoy the simple flash photography shows that incorporate audio. I can't exactly explain why I think these are more effective than tv packages, but when used properly, they can have quite the emotional impact on the viewer. Perhaps it's the fact that the reader has more of a chance to focus on the sounds and sights. You won't see the speaker actually saying the words, but you may see a photo that portrays the feeling. I'd definitely like to incorporate one of the flash shows we learned how to create in class on Tuesday into my group's final presentation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home