Wednesday, January 24, 2007

David Snyder Photos

Looking at the pictures before reading the article included, I had to wonder, "Are these photographs staged?" In some of the photos people are looking directly at the lense, but are in the midst of action. Either they are great models or were caught in the middle of a moment in their life. My questions were answered after reading his prelude...he was ten feet away shooting strangers. I know from working through a broadcast internship how timid people are when they see the news camera came out, but I need them to not look at the camera, I need them to act like I'm not there (at least for b-roll). It makes me nervous how completely different it is with a camera. I need a picture of a person, not a wide shot of b-roll. Now I am the one who is nervous, not the other way around. One photo in particular stood out to me: the Hassidic Jews. That man is staring straight at him. I couldn't help but think, "What did that guy say to him after he took that photo?" Did the guy bark at him and David Snider went running off? Or are people more comfortable with their photo being taken than I would assume?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home