Tuesday, February 14, 2006

For the audio pieces we've done so far I feel like it's hard to make sure the piece makes sense and that there is no implied content. When you are writing a piece on paper it is easy to scrutinize the piece and make sure there is a definite beginning, middle and end, the facts are attributed and other characteristics of good writing are in place. When you are just listening to your story it is harder to remember what you have used and what you haven't. It seems like it is all about remembering what you've said and making sure that you don't fill the gaps yourself because when you do this the audience won't understand the piece.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Glass said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Glass said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Glass said...

I agree! It is difficult to avoid the implied content with audio. I know we were told to write a script for the audio before we begin editing, but I feel like that is really difficult to do and still make the story understandable to the listener. After editing the story to be the way I thought would make it complete, after listening to it--there were some definite gaps.

Another good point this article made was the suggestion about asking "double-barreled" questions. I did that in both my interviews and ended up getting much better answers this time. The only thing I really wish I would have done in this story is come up with a plot before doing the actual reporting. I think I tried to force my plot onto one of my interviews a little too much.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home