Thursday, February 02, 2006

POY, Chiloe

The stories that came from the Chiloe website were really interesting and emotionally affecting. I thought that the flash media presentation was the proper way to tell these stories, in print the individual voices could've been easily lost. However I have come to the opinion that when done well, almost any media can tell any story to great effect. It is the skill of the journalist that makes a story sometimes, not the story itself.


I felt the Chiloe site, in the same vein as the Kentucky website, was in the interest in preserving or documenting a unique way of life. I watched most of the stories, but liked the one about the fisherman and the kid who goes to boarding school. I thought that those represented the culture and economy of the island in the best way. All the stories were really good though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home