Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pictures of the Year

I had so much fun looking at all of these publications. I looked at Mountain Workshops first, since there were some other posts about that, and I loved it. It's so interesting to hear the stories of these ordinary people told in their own voices. The still photos paired with the audio served to enhance the power of each story and gave each story a dramatic and artistic quality. I love the way it was done!

After looking at that project, I moved down to the Chiloe link and browsed around that site for awhile. I was again, very impressed by the way the each of the separate stories worked together to create a collective story of this interesting island. When I got to the New York Times site "Photography on NYTimes.com:2004", and the Washington Post's "Camera Works", however, I was overwhelmed by the huge amount of content on the site, and almost didn't find the slideshows that had won prizes. When I did find them, i was impressed by the many photos that expressed so much without using a single world.

One thing I love about photojournalism online is the color. Print photographs always come out a little grainy, because ink and newspaper usually can't capture the clarity of the photo. Online photos are always so crisp and colorful. These presentations demonstrate the huge realm of possibility that there is for multimedia journalism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home