Monday, January 30, 2006

Week 2 - Photography Blog

I really enjoyed our readings for this week. Like a couple of other students, I wish I would have read them before taking my own pictures. Perhaps I would have ended up with greater depth of emotion in my shots. I’m not a Photojournalism major, and I’m far from being technologically savvy, but I hope that the practical skills will be naturally developed out of practice, and with a lot more reading, of course.

I thought that David Snider’s portfolio was phenomenal. I’ve always loved photography and been a little in awe of it. There’s something almost magical about capturing imperfect subjects caught in a perfect moment on film. Perhaps my art background will come in handy when shooting such scenes. Now that I feel a little more knowledgeable, I can’t wait to go shoot some more pictures and see what I come up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home