Thursday, February 02, 2006

POY

I really enjoyed the Mountain Workshops stories that we viewed in class, so I decided to check out more for this blogging assignment. I think the multimedia stories on that site are done extremely well! The pictures are amazing and show so much detail. Someone may have mentioned this in a previous post, but most pictures that appear in newspapers are in a gritty black and white. Although black and white is supposed to create a more emotional picture, I think the color in these pictures only serves to enhance the detail of each photo.

One of my favorite aspects of this site was the audio that was playing as the pictures slowly rolled. There's something powerful in hearing a person tell their story in their own words that I don't think even the most accomplished reporter can express. For instance, I viewed the piece "Of Love and War." Hearing the old man's voice added so much to the story! You could hear the changing inflection of his voice as he talked about war and his wife's death. There's no way that could have been captured in a print piece!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home