Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Multi-media: KY and Chiloe

I really enjoyed going back to view more of Kentucky and also take a look at Chiloe. They are each presented in different ways--both of which I liked. I felt that the Chiloe presentation maybe gave more options for written information for the audience to see, and it was helpful to explain some of the traditions of these people. For Kentucky, I do not think these types of descriptions written out on the page were even needed because the story was completely included once we start watching/listening. I really liked "Raising Appaloosas" because WKU completely captured who this girl was. The audio proved she had the knowledge and maturity level of someone twice her age (which we would maybe not have noticed if it were only pictures), and her passion for horses could be seen in the pictures. They were not all of her smiling with horses but showed her responsibiliites as someone who looks after the animals. I also watched "I Sing Them Chilote Songs" from the Chiloe presentation. The story is obviously great and much like the type of human interest stories I would like to cover. Because we have visuals and audio, we can watch the words she is saying. We know she also has animals, we know what the market looks like, we see the many different potatoes, etc. My favorite part was the end; the audio captured her singing to her potatoes, and because of the previous descriptions and pictures, hearing the song made perfect sense.
These multi-media presentations are awesome, and I would be excited to learn how to put a high-quality one together. Video often moves too fast or we have to cut it to get all the clips we want. Here, the pictures capture a moment and flow together so we can see many moments but we don't lose the sound. It makes an amazing story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home