Thursday, February 16, 2006

Natural Sound Stories

I think natural sounds stories are so cool because the audience gets an insight into maybe the environment, what type of person is being interviewed or the mood of the situation. It is obviously something we cannot get with writing, and I keep thinking of the multi-media projects we watched for this blog and in class and how helpful they were in understanding the story (like the voice of the man who acted as the KFC guy)...
I think its a great idea to plan out what type of natural sound you are looking for. What sounds really will get the story across? I know when I was trying to record some natural sound for my story, there were things that popped up that I was so glad I had the microphone on for. But having ideas can help you put a story together--such as the radio piece we are working on.
I would like to remember next time to say things more like in a conversation than asking questions. The reading talked about saying "wow, what a mess" instead of "what kind of destruction did the storm cause?" because the subject will respond in a more natural, conversative manner.
The other really important thing would be to "share before air." I think with video and audio I often times assume the audience will know just as much as me so will understand the sound bytes I have...I think it is important to get another opinion. I loved getting the sounds for my piece but will have to remember these for next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home