Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Flash=the future

Both of these chapters were very informative, but I think I found chapter two the most helpful in defining exactly what flash is, how it came to be, what its obstacles are and what its potential is. Before reading this chapter I didn't have any idea of the advantages that flash offers. Smaller file sizes, more interactivity and the ability to utilize multiple media types are just a few of flash's attirbutes.

I personally think that flash will soon become the preferred software for creating and viewing online journalism. Many of the flash presentations we have viewed in class make powerful, compelling stories. After learning about many of the possibilities for flash graphics, slideshows and video, I think it is conceivable that the majority of online packages will use flash. I can definitely see flash journalism serviing as a key component to the School of Journalism's online/new media/convergence sequences, and it could probably constitute a semester-long class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home