Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Cat Nap

Maybe it's just me, but I've always struggled to read articles by photographers. I guess the same goes for any field -- who has the patience to listen to someone talk about how much patience they have? -- but I think that with photography, it's especially important that the end product really captures what the photographer was trying to do. With both LaBelle and Snider, it's obvious: these guys spend a lot of time setting up their photos, waiting for the right moments to appear, and then capturing those moments on film . I think Snider's photo of the cats is a fine example. The lighting, the angle, the framing -- this is something that took vision. To pose a photo is one thing; to allow the moment to happen organically is another matter. These two clearly did the latter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home