Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Convergence Confab

Corky
By Maneeza
I watched a few of Scholl's boardcasts. He uses a lot of scene shots of people on their enviroment. You hear a voice over and you see the action of the person describing the action. I saw this story about bees. It was one of my favorites. He showed you the man working with the bees and the man explaining the situation. The thing that I liked was that he didn't have waste time with his cover shots, he used a voice over to provide information when the cover shots were up. The bees story had good nat sound and it made you feel like you were at the scene.
Corky's stories, that I saw, did the one thing that I enjoy about jounralism and that is interview the people and not the officials. The stories were about how the people were handling a situation and made them the experts instead of officials that wouldn't be able to connect with the people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home