Thursday, September 07, 2006

Networking or as we at the J-school call it "The Mizzou Mofia"

I know it seems odd to talk about networking, but it jumped out at me because it reminded me of "The Mizzou Mofia". Whenever I do an interview for a story, I keep all my notes and contact information because I never know when I will need to talk to that person again. Sometimes I do end up calling them again (sometimes they remember me other times they don't, but it works out). LaBelle uses the same idea except for photographs. I never thought of it that way. When I think of networking I think of people who can get you a job because you went to the same school or past sources. LaBelle's networking uses citizen journalism to the help professional journalists. What better way to cover a story then by having the people involved show it to you. This way you know what is important to your readership. The people involved help decide what is going in instead of an editor that is dettached from the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home