Monday, February 20, 2006

Tips for Natural Sound Stories

It was strange reading all of the tips given for natural sound stories. Even though most of them seemed pretty obvious, I realized that I hadn't even considered many of them when formulating my own story. Like a lot of the other students, I'm having a hard time getting out of a writer's perspective when I'm planning and editing my story. There's so many things that I would like to interject or put into my own words, but I think that in the end, my comments would create a less compelling story.

I've always been a huge fan of natural sound stories, but I'm starting to learn that they're not as simple as they seem. Before this class, I always enjoyed radio stories, but I never really appreciated the amount of work that went into creating them. Now, as I begin compiling my own radio story, I can't believe how difficult it is! I feel like I have so much audio, and it's so difficult to assemble it into a two and a half minute piece. In hindsight, I wish I would have had a more focused idea of what my story was going to be about. I think it would have made the editing process a lot easier. I'm starting to get the feeling though, that hindsight is always going to be 20/20 in this class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home