Thursday, April 06, 2006

Flash Journalism

I've always really enjoyed the different ways that Flash is used in journalism, but I never understood exactly how it worked until reading these articles. Besides showing how Flash developed, I feel like the articles also gave a lot of options for how Flash could be used in the future. To me, simple flash slideshows with audio are almost always more moving than a story I've read on the same subject. I think a big part of that appeal is that Flash offers journalists more freedom. There's not the same time constraints that you would find in a TV or radio story, so people get to tell their own stories in their own words. Also, Flash can allow journalists to approach a story from a different angle that might not fit into a traditional newscast. Overall, I think Flash is going to be really important to the future of journalism. I really like the ideas mentioned in some of the other blogs about a J-School website being devoted enitirely to convergence projects. I think it would be a great opportunity for students to start putting their skills to practical use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home