Thursday, September 28, 2006

Natural sound: Learn from book and practice

The article "natural sound stories" did help me with some confusion in the audio story assignment, especially the part "know your story". When I was collecting the natural sounds for my story, all I thought was about how to set a scene for the story or add identification for the interviewee. Now I found that they are good points but not good enough, because of lacking a general idea. Before I start for the natural sound, I should bury in mind what I'm going to tell the audience and frame my story with a clear outline, and then I can collect the natural sounds that will better server for the story and show a WHOLE picture for the audience but in pieces.

In addition, "seek active sound in multiple locations" is a strategy that I applied in my audio story - yet I'm not sure that it is too tricky, but it is really helpful for my story. When I was building my final work with the interviewing clips, I found that I have many options to do the stories. It does not only mean that I have options to find the best and most suitable track for my story, but can also modify my work in different ways with different combinations - that is where the options are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home