Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Room with a View

This is a very random thought after reading David LaBelle's "The Great Picture Hunt" and scanning David Snider's Street photos.

The entry title is a little bit irrelevant somehow. Anyway, the windows in E.M. Forster's novel "A Room with a View" represent the gateway / connection of a person (specifically, woman) to the world outside.

Here, also imagine how a baby just born who opens his/her eyes for the first time, and his/her first touch of parents' hands?

This is how I see how life is so interesting and magical. We are brought to this world (like it or not), and to reach out to people, to the immense world. For most of us who have the opportunity to see, we are given a great chance to see the wonderful colours, lights and shapes of this world. Some others can also smell, hear, and feel.

For us who are so fortunate to have a camera, when you are looking through the viewfinder, won't you sometimes feel that "oh, why haven't I seen this with my bare eyes before". And if you start to play with different angles, you would perhaps realize there are so many perspectives that we can see just for one thing.

To make things more magical, often when I look at my photographs printed out or on the computer screen, I could not imagine I have taken photos of what I am seeing. Other peole's great photography serve even more amazements. Be it the distortion of photography, be it the distortion of our memory, be it the distortion of psychology, I just find that photography resembles ANOTHER window, if not another room with another view.

Through photography, it seems like I have an extra sense (apart from my eyes, ears, mouth and touch) that helps me reach this wonderful world. Hopefully, what I have photographed could also encourage people to better appreciate LIFE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home