Tuesday, November 14, 2006

All About Flash

It is great to learn more on the theoratical aspect of Flash Journalism. I have experienced with Flash in my undergraduate study, yet in Computer Science but not Journalsim, and play it from time to time. Still, there are a lot of things to explore in the area of Flash Journalism. Using Flash on their news websites to increase interactivity is a trend in today's media because Flash has characteristics including broad user base, versatility and suitability to the online environment. However, some of them are blindly used, and sometimes, abused. I have worked for CCTV and assisted to update their website in last summer. I remembered once a time they decided to have flash videos on one of their program's website because they thought "that will make things cooler". But actually, the flash video did not quite comply with the program content, and the worse thing is that the flash was not doing good for site navigation. I recalled this ancedote because I saw this sentence in the reading of Chapter 2: "Functionality shoudl take precedence over coolness". I buried this quote in my mind and decided that I will never let it happen to my sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home