Thursday, January 25, 2007

David Snider and What Makes Good Photography

David Snider's portfolio was impressive. I can only hope my pictures will possess some potential for capturing that emotion in unique detail or beautiful simplicity. What a gift! In "The Great Picture Hunt" pdf, I was especially affected by the picture of the little boy trapped in the phone booth. It was a hate/love moment, but that's why the picture is so good, it causes you to feel something. How does one manage the courage to capture emotion? That is a feat in itself. Add confidence to the list Mr. LaBelle. Because David Snider must have such a trait to take pictures of a man sleeping on a bench and deal with the possibility that he may wake up at any moment and learn that he is the subject of someone's vision. Exploring the unknown is an ability I've always treasured, but not because I'm comfortable doing it...only that I understand its value when accomplished. I'm sure I will face my struggle with the unknown this semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home