Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Stephen Crowley's Journal

When it comes to the internet, I have the attention span of a gnat. What I liked about Stephen Crowley's work is that it worked on several levels.
The photos are the caliber expected of a New York Times reporter, and bring new insight to these political characters that we see every day on TV, in the paper, and on the internet. The audio added another layer of information by explaining the circumstances behind the shots, telling about the events surrounding the particular moment captured, or telling another tangential story. The captions add a little more solid information to these other two elements.
These elements added up to a long slideshow on a much-covered subject - but I kept watching. I learned something new, I laughed, I cried, and I kept watching to the very end. This is what all multimedia storytelling should aspire to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home