Monday, September 11, 2006

Great slideshow...even with the technical difficulties

Jennifer Galt -
The multi-media story and essay "Photographer's Journal: Campaign Moments" by NYTimes.com illustrates well how multi-media tools can be used to tell interesting and captivating stories. But for me (and my computer), it also demonstrated the possible problems. The audio on the slideshow loaded faster than the photos, therefore I got only a brief glimpse of each photo before being hurried along because of the audio. Luckily there were captions describing each picture so that made it easier to follow. I still enjoyed the slideshow/essay and the photographers' comments made the story more personable. I also liked how the essays were organized into different campaign categories and years. This gives the viewer the feeling of more control and the ability to easily navigate around the page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home