Thursday, September 28, 2006

Techniques of natural sound

By reading the tips on how to put together a great nat sound story, I realized that there are more ways to tell someone's story than just reporting. Before this class, before experiencing with the audio recorder, I never knew that there were more compelling ways to get a message out there, and tell a story. I liked the tip on how not to ask questions, but to get the interview by just engaging in a natural conversation. I also thought it was cool to put on a wireless lav on the subject instead of putting an intrustive mic in their face. That probably makes the subject more comfortable, and much easier to talk to. In these stories, "wild sound" is key and very important. I think in a lot of stories today, that is a concept that is lost. Overall, I actually like the idea better of a natural sound story than typical reporting. I think it takes reporting to a whole new level. I love how the viewer is just listening to the story, instead of being told whats going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home