Tuesday, October 03, 2006

nat sound issues

I'm blogging about the newslab article from last week giving tips about getting good nat sound because it provided lots of good tips for this assignment. Something I learned with the Marantz (and continued learning with the video cameras) is the importance of asking questions differently. As a reporter with the Missourian I usually ask simple, yes or no, can-you-confirm-this type questions. It was really difficult to ask open ended questions instead and be more conversational. And the most important lesson: you need to shut up and let the other person talk so you can get the sound bytes and clips you need. Both with the Marantz and the video camera I had to cut footage of my own voice interrupting the person I was interviewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home