Monday, October 23, 2006

Think as designer

It would be better if these pieces were introduced at the beginning of this class - I feel like I need some reconstruction on my convergence webpage to comply with the four elements mentioned in the "Basic Design principle for non-designers". Although I had some experience on web design before, I never equipped myself with theories. When I was constructing my convergence page, I based more on common sense but not design principles, and I made some simple mistakes, such as aligned the basic text on the left but centered the headline.

These pieces really interested me. It is amazing to see in the examples that a little change - maybe delete some spaces between the elements, maybe align all text on the base line - can bring the site great difference and make them more user-friendly than before. The four elements are simple but really helpful, and the Contrast element is what I think a lot of websites lack of. When I was surfing on some websites, there is not enough strong contrast to guide my eyes and tell me what I should pay most attention to, which sometime drowns me in the information flood without some focus points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home