Thursday, October 19, 2006

CNN.com

I went to CNN.com because I go there frequently to get news, and they always have good videos of news stories that are interesting. I clicked on two, the first one was a really good video. Great reporting, good shots, and lots of natural sound. The second was not as good with video techniques. To start off the story and to set the location, there was a rapid pan across and a zoom in on the building that the story was set in. This shot just made me dizzy and looked terrible. This was something that was strongly discouraged in class, and I now always remember never to pan or zoom. But the panning and zooming continued throughout this story. I didn't understand why a professional reporter on CNN would do this because it added absolutely nothing to the visual aspect of the story. Another thing in this video that I caught was during an interview, the subject was placed in front of a mirror revealing the equipment and camera in the reflection. What were they thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home