Wednesday, October 11, 2006

This ain't a play

I just recently went to shoot a story and we needed to find someone who objected to the main stream idea. My partner said that we can get someone to say it if we're deseparate. I kinda looked at him strangely and he knew what i was thinking.

This is the same as staging.

Staging or telling people what to say isn't news; its a director telling actors what to do.

The thing is, people know when something is staged because people don't feel comfortable and that discomfort is conveyed through the medium.

The natural shots convey the emotion of the moment and relate to the audience better. The point of a news story is to get the audience to understand the issue by relating to it.

Wertheimer's tips to get people natural are really good. When I was doing my photo shots, I had to keep reminding people to pretend I wasn't there. It's hard, but the natural shots are way way betetr than the stagged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home