Thursday, October 12, 2006

Writing the Package

Shooks advise on creating a successful TV package story was very helpful. I am not much of a broadcast person, and reading this before doing my TV story package will change a lot of things that I do in the process of creating it. I think a lot of times we dont consider the rules of broadcast, and we do what we think looks better. However, this is not always the best or most efficient way of producing a story. We need to consider the audience at all times, and how they are best served. I think his advise of how we need to understand and know they story first before we can tell is to anyone else is great. So many times I just do a story because it was assigned to me, and I edit it to make it comprehendable to the audience. But I dont really "know" it. And if I did, I could make it more interesting and find better ways to convey it to the viewer.These steps can be applied to not only broadcast, but to other aspects of journalism as well (Photo, news, ect.) As long as you know how to put a good story package together, you can put any story together and find ways to relate it to the audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home