Monday, March 13, 2006

March Madness, baby!

For this blog assignment, I elected to head over to a place I spend a ridiculous portion of my life - ESPN.com. On their ESPN Motion video feature on the home page, I watched a 2-3 minute piece in which college hoops guru and perpetually enthusiastic bald man Dick Vitale give his predictions and perspectives on the forthcoming NCAA mens' basketball tournament.
One thing I've begun to notice is that the cutaways done by ESPN are absolutely flawless. Anytime Vitale mentioned a name, a clip of them hitting a big shot or grabbing a rebound came up for 2-3 seconds. The clips are short, succinct, and coincide with whatever Vitale says. Another thing I thought was pretty cool was when the camera would zoom closer to a player's last name and number as they jogged back down the court following a dunk or big shot - and the zoom in would happen right when Vitale said the player's name.
Also, Vitale has the same team winning it all that I do. I may need to rethink my bracket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home