Monday, February 12, 2007

Mario Manzini

Listening to the KBIA story about Mario Manzini, I was most impressed by the fact that a world record-holding escape artist would choose to live in Columbia. Obviously, that’s exactly what the reporters were thinking as well. I think, given the circumstances, the story did a good job of painting the personality that made the story. It seemed like the majority of the story was the reporter’s voice, but Manzini’s conveniently radio-friendly voice was interspersed frequently enough, and at the points that required personality, that I could still get enough of a sense of who this man was. The only other sounds to accompany the story that I can think of would be the muffled grunts and rubbing fabric of Manzini escaping from a strait jacket. However, if such an event wasn’t planned during work on the story, then there are ethical issues in asking ManzinI to perform just for the reporter’s benefit. I assume that the reporter most likely took this into consideration, so I think the story was “made for the ear” as best as it could be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home