Tuesday, March 14, 2006

CNN - Moussaoui Trial

CNN - Blunder in Moussaoui trial

I feel really strange critiquing video from CNN, especially since I know that, right now, there's no way I could produce a package that well. I really liked this piece because I think the video and audio blended together well to tell a complete story. I think the video footage from the courtroom was what disappointed me the most though. It seems like the cameraman had zoomed in too much, and I felt like he was trying to create a cohesive sequence of shots, but he just didn't quite make it. Also, I think the reporter may have talked a little too long, but there were definitely some compelling shots in the story. For example, I think the interview with the brother of the 9/11 victim probably evoked some really strong emotions for the audience. Overall, I think the piece was pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home