Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Storyboarding

I'm a proponent that the more prepared I am going into something, the better it will always turn out to be. Developing a well-constructed storyboard that serves as a non-linear guideline for how a piece will be constructed is one useful tool that will greatly aid our big projects. I like to map out the possible angles of a story anytime I write one, but the more thorough methodology explained on the website will be very beneficial to our end product.
I think I would greatly enjoy doing a website like the dancing rocks feature at the end of the storyboard segment. I frequently look at features on ESPN.com that use this kind of layout, and find them to be more captivating and easier to navigate than traditional text or broadcast. For example, if I just want to hear about what Jay Bilas thinks about the Texas Longhorns' portion of the NCAA bracket, and don't feel like hearing more banter about Duke or North Carolina, I can scroll to that portion of the page faster. I think this kind of storytelling should be featured more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home