Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Storyboarding

The storyboarding essay was great, because it made me think about even more ways to present a news story online than the ones we've already talked about. For the Strat Comm. part of this class, we talked about using games and graphics to convey an advertising message, but for some reason, I never considered a game as being an effective way to engage an audience with a news story. The essay also discussed grouping the story components in a "non linear" way. I tend to gravitate toward the linear, but I can definitely see the value in presenting the parts of the story in a way that allows the reader to choose what he or she wants to learn about, rather than guiding the reader to see the story as I see it. I love that in convergence reporting, the audience has so much choice in what they view. Readers can really personalize and internalize the information, since it is information they sought out on their own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home