Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Multimedia Storyboarding

First of all, I just want to say how fun it was to watch everyone's TV clip! Great job! It is so fun to work with everyone and learn not only how to put it all together but everyone's subjects through working with other people!
I love multimedia presentations! What is interesting about them is the process of storyboarding...If you think about it, multimedia presentations have the possibility of being very confusing. Different types of media are being used to tell a story and get a point across and relay certain emotions. If we have such great information to use in different mediums, how do we put it all together to make sense? The Storyboarding reading really helped and made some great points. We have to narrow our story to have a focus and decide which type of medium best relays the truth and emotions. It is a great idea to just lay out the facts and stuff that HAS to go in the story--then we can add the amazing details and cool audio or clip. I think I have a problem avoiding linear thinking because I will always be thinking "ok what lead would work with this? how do i end it?" it would help to just write out the points mentioned in the reading on notecards and then move the cards around to come up with an order. I think i would also be challenged in making sure I am not redundant with facts or images when I have both pictures and video and audio. I would also have to remember there are links to other pages so I shouldn't repeat stuff over and over again. Storyboards seem so helpful in making sure we don't forget to fill in the holes.
The idea of interactivity is crazy! It is a great way to receive input from the readers, but I guess I feel it is only sometimes needed. There won't always be a city to construct but it is good for a journalist to see what people think of their reporting--a system of checks and balances.
There are so many decisions to make! What is best shown with which medium, what audio should be paired up with, etc. This is why I really like the idea of convergence: we are aware each type of medium is better at relaying something than other types of media. so here, as mentioned, we get to choose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home