Monday, March 20, 2006

Website Designs

I thought it was really interesting the number of rules of design the authors had come up with. I never really appreciated the power of simplicity in a website but after looking at examples of good and bad websites I agree that the simpler and clearer a site is the easier it is on a reader's eye. I usually put center align headings and then left align the base of the text so it was interesting to hear that the same alignment is preferable. I am going to work on contrasts when I make my website - it made me think though how to get contrasts other than black and white? I can't think of any other contrasts where the words stand out that well. When I make my website I will also pay special attention to use simple, clear images and to make sure the reader doesn't have to scroll left and right because I definitely get annoyed by that on sites. Those readings really brought my attention to particular design choices that work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home