Thursday, March 16, 2006

Storyboarding?

I'm not very good at planning, nor am I very good at sticking to a plan. I don't outline essays. I schedule my day to the last minute. So, this whole storyboarding thing might be a little bit of a stumbling block. But, I do think that with such an elaborate set up as the multimedia projects we'll be tackling, it'll a good thing for me to do a little planning for once.

I liked the advice about deciding what elements are best told through which medium. I think that it's very important when you're telling a multimedia story, if you just throw it all together without any thought (as I am apt to do) it will make less sense. The hurdle, I think, of convergence journalism is deciding what elements most suited to video or audio, and obviously before you start filming or reporting in general that has to be decided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home