Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Web Design Articles

I don't think I have ever fully appreciated what goes into a website. I just click around on the Internet, expecting something to come up with my every move. Now that we are trying to create our own, I have a new appreciation for even the simplest things on webpages. This reading covered it all. I liked reading through what to NOT do because I recognized some of the things that annoy me on websites such as having to scroll to the sides, hard to read fonts, crazy colors or clicking on a site and seeing "File Not Found." I agree that huge font makes a site look unprofessional unless the design comliments it. Litte things such as spelling, how many columns you have or whether or not the font is italicized can really make or break a page!
For good design, I really like the idea of having consistency throughout the entire site. Colors, symbols and fonts should be used on each link to make it look professional. Hopefully I can do this with my Granny's House page. I think order is incredibly important so I also really want to try and organize the multimeida stuff into one column and then pictures with captions into other columns. I want to keep it "clean and clear" and easy for the visitor to work through the page without missing anything. Sometimes it is overwhelming if there are tons of different links which then lead to more links--i don't want to feel like i am missing out on a part! I think this reading was helpful for our upcoming project because there will be so much information on our pages. Hopefully we can use this to make a very professional, orderly yet thorough webpage that tells the perfect story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home