Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Web Design

I think that often times it is pretty easy to determine when a website is done professionally, and when it is done by someone with little experience. This is probably a product of looking at so many sites for so long, and unconsciously becoming a critic of the entire process without ever developing a site myself before beginning this course. Chapter 8 provided a nice summation of what I could do to make my site more professional looking, easier to navigate, and better rounded as a whole. I plan on using the checklists provided at the end of the chapter to give my site the facelift I feel that would benefit it significantly.

Creativity is important when developing a web site, but the designer needs to be able to harness that creative instinct so that it can be utilized in an easily navigated package. I think this is a skill used in a lot of places, music being one of them. When reading this I thought of the differences between the simplicity of some successful music that appeals to the masses, and the elaborate, multi-layered or metaphorical stuff that appeals to a smaller audience. Not that I enjoy hardly any overly popular music, but there's something to be said for the brilliance of practicality. That may seem like a wierd connection, but it's the one I immediately made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home